Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A17 Photometric Stereo

Fig1. Images I1,I2,I3 and I4


Based on the manual for this activity , from the point sources locations (1) and intensities obtained from the 4 images of the object we are able to compute for g via equation (2). Next we determine the normal vector(3), and then compute component surface normals(nx,ny,nz) from each row.

And relate these surface normals to the partial derivatives of f (4) and compute the elevation z=f(u,v) by taking the integral of in (5) via cumsum of (4) over x and y. This can be easily plotted in 3d using mesh.

Fig 2. 3D plot of the object shape using mesh


SOURCE: A17 Photometric Stereo Manual


ASSESSMENT: 10 because I was able to reconstruct the surface using the directions in the manual :) and I was able to use mesh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment